Re: pmud 0.7-1

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 10:51:35PM -0400, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:
> which reminds me... I don't know if this happens to other people, but in the
> default pwrctl file, it says to "ifconfig eth0 up" on wakeup or when AC power is
> restored. This does not work on my PB3400, and I must change it to
> "/etc/init.d/networking restart" so that it actually works.

Ah!  I changed something there -- I had my 'ifup' backgrounded with a
'&', so it doesn't wait on the DHCP server (it _was_ slow).  Perhaps
backgrounding the parallelizeable commands will help with speed.

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".