Re: usb support

Chris Bryan wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your help already, but I think there was something I
> didn't make clear: I don't have debian inatalled yet... all I'm trying to do
> is boot into the installer. It dosen't give me any errors, but it says
> something like "new usb device. assigned device 1" I can't remember exactly,
> but it's something like that. After it says that, nothing else happens... so
> I have to reboot. Any ideas???
>
> p.s. I'm using bootx, which is not recommended for new-worlds, but I don't
> know what else to use, and i'm not at all sure that that's the problem.

OK, so now we know where the problem is. Of all the newworld machines,
the only ones that actually work well with BootX (from experience) are
first generation iMacs with a MacOS 8.x.

Follow the instructions at
http://www.uk.debian.org/releases/potato/powerpc/ and everything should
be alright.

Cheers