Re: Help with root fs

> I'm trying to install Debian on an IBM RS/6000, but I'm having problems
> getting the computer to mount floppies, and I had to build a custom kernel
> in order to get it to boot properly.  Is there a way that I can extract
> the contents of the root.bin image into a folder which I can mount via
> NFS?  I need at least a temporary root fs to mount so that I can get the

I remember Alan Cox writing a hack to piggyback the compressed ramdisk on
the kernel image for netbooting. I don't think I still have that code but
he might have kept it around.

You can loopback mount the ramdisk after uncompressing it - exporting the
loopback mount as nfs root should be possible.

	Michael