Re: Unable to switch VT from X4

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> <snip>

> Are you using the new input layer?

No, I'm using 2.2.15 w/ the "old" input layer right now; should I be using the
new input layer with X4?  I can't remember if I had it working before....

> >     I checked the XF86Config, and all of the options to ignore keycombos
> > are still commented out...unless I forgot to include one (although
> > everything should be fine since this is an old copy of my perviously
> > working XF86Config).
>
> Such an option has only very recently been added to the X CVS AFAIK so it can'
> t be in the debs.

Hmmm....

> >     The apple key and alt are both mapped to alt, control is control and
> > the function keys are mapped correctly (I'm using that terrible mini-usb
> > keyboard).  I'm out of ideas.  I also can't force kill the Xserver with
> > the ctrl+alt+delete, which would atleast let me work a little bit....
>
> It should actually be ctrl-alt-backspace, tried that (if there is some kind of
> backspace :)?

Well, I mapped that oh-so-useful "help" key on the keypad to "backspace"; so the
answer is it's sorta there, and I have tried

TIA
--Nelson Abramson

--
Make your vote count!  http://www.votenader.org