Need Help USB keyboard mouse problem when make new kernel

Hi gurus.

I'm using a old 2.2.6-15apmac kernel on my Imac Rev B box (G3 266 Mhz)
with bootX 1.2, all work perfectly. I try to use a new kernel, and I
'have built
some differents kernel rev (2.2.13, 2.2.14, 2.2.15, 2.2.17 ) and I have
always
get USB troubles, with the keyboard and mouse.  I can telnet on my imac,
run
the X server (from telnet) but unable to use the the mouse and the key
board
has a very stange mapping.  1 = 0, 2 =P, 3 = a, 4 = r ....

Does anybody already made a bootable kernel from the source tree for a
Imac
Rev B G3 266 Mhz ?

here the USB boot messages which are not the sames in 2.2.6 and 2.2.17

- USB booting messages when booting form 2.2.17 when USB troubles
kernel: Linux version 2.2.17 (root@imac) (gcc version 2.95.2 19991109
(Debian GNU/Linux)) #5 Mon Oct 16 21:21:32 Local time zone must ...
kernel: Console: colour dummy device 80x25
kernel: OHCI USB Driver loading
kernel: usbcore: Registered new driver mouse
kernel: USB HID boot protocol mouse driver registered.Oct 16 21:45:53
localhost kernel: usbcore: Registered new driver keyboard
kernel: usbcore: Registered new driver hub
kernel: MacOS display is /pci/ATY,RagePro_C
kernel: Using unsupported 1024x768 ATY,RagePro_C at 81801000, depth=32,
pitch=4096
kernel: Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
kernel: fb0: Open Firmware frame buffer device on /pci/ATY,RagePro_C
kernel: New USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1 Oct 16 21:45:53
localhost kernel: usb-ohci: host controller operational
kernel: USB new device connect, assigned device number 1
..
..
kernel: USB hub found
kernel: hub: 4 ports detected
kernel: hub: ganged power switching
kernel: hub: standalone hub
kernel: hub: global over-current protection
kernel: hub: power on to power good time: 100ms
kernel: hub: hub controller current requirement: 80mA
kernel: hub:  port 1 is removable
kernel: hub:  port 2 is removable
kernel: hub:  port 3 is removable
kernel: hub:  port 4 is removable
kernel: hub: local power source is good
kernel: hub: no over-current condition exists
kernel: hub: enabling power on all ports
kernel: hub: port 1 connection change
kernel: USB new device connect, assigned device number 2
kernel: usb: skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
kernel: Manufacturer:
kernel: Product:
kernel: USB HID boot protocol keyboard detected.
kernel: hub: port 2 connection change
kernel: USB new device connect, assigned device number 3
kernel: usb: skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
kernel: Manufacturer:
kernel: Product:
kernel: USB mouse found
kernel: hub: port 1 reset change
kernel: hub: port 2 reset change
kernel: scsi : detected total.

- USB messages when booting form 2.2.6 USB work Find
kernel: Linux version 2.2.6-15apmac (root@video.linuxppc.org) (gcc
version egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #1 Mon May 31
03:54:09 EDT 1999
kernel: Console: colour dummy device 80x25
kernel: USB: Universal USB Driver v$Revision: 1.60 $
kernel: USB-OHCI: USB Open Host Controller Interface Driver
kernel: USB-OHCI: Disabling OHCI legacy support on controller 0xc5fd9140

kernel: USB-HUBM: Root hub at host 0
kernel: USB-OHCI: Host Controller 0xc5fd9020 (0) at PCI bus 0 dev 20 fn
0 initialized
kernel: USB-HUBD: UUSBD Hub Driver v$Revision: 1.36 $
kernel: USB-HIDD: USB Human Interface Devices Driver v$Revision: 1.6 $
kernel: USB-HIDBP: USB HID Boot Protocol Driver v$Revision: 1.10 $
kernel: USB-HUBM: Starting kusbdd (pid 2)
kernel: USB-HUBM: Device attachment detected on port 1 of hub 0xc5fd9040
(0 -1)
kernel: USBD: Device id 0x90d59b8 (0 1) at port 1, hub (0 -1): (no
information available)
kernel: USB-HUBM: Hub at device id 0x090d59b8 (0 1), port 1
kernel: USB-HUBM: Device attachment detected on port 0 of hub 0xc5fb2120
(0 1)
kernel: USBD: Device id 0xc3e495bb (0 2) at port 0, hub (0 1): Alps
Electric M2452
kernel: USB-HIDBP: HID Boot Protocol Keyboard at interface 0 of device
(0 2)
kernel: USB-HUBM: Device attachment detected on port 1 of hub 0xc5fb2120
(0 1)
kernel: USBD: Device id 0x6411c61a (0 3) at port 1, hub (0 1): Logitech
M4848
kernel: USB-HIDBP: HID Boot Protocol Mouse at interface 0 of device (0
3)
kernel: USBD: 1 USB host found

- I realy wonder why USB work perfectly with my old kernel and not with
the new
  one...!

- The last kernel I have made is 2.2.17 form ftp debian with the last
  kernel-patches for ppc "20000714-2.2.17pre11-2". I have build my
kernel
  using the config.pmac files profile from the patch

  The USB options are:

  #
  # Support for USB
  #
  CONFIG_USB=y

  #
  # USB Controllers
  #
  # CONFIG_USB_UHCI is not set
  CONFIG_USB_OHCI=y
  # CONFIG_USB_OHCI_DEBUG is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD is not set

  #
  # Miscellaneous USB options
  #
  # CONFIG_USB_DEBUG_ISOC is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_PROC is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_EZUSB is not set

  #
  # USB Devices
  #
  CONFIG_USB_HUB=y
  CONFIG_USB_MOUSE=y
  # CONFIG_USB_HP_SCANNER is not set
  CONFIG_USB_KBD=y
  # CONFIG_USB_AUDIO is not set
  CONFIG_USB_ACM=m
  CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
  # CONFIG_USB_SERIAL is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_CPIA is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_DC2XX is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_SCSI is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_USS720 is not set
  # CONFIG_USB_UMAX_SCANNER is not set

  Maybe there's something about my configuration that's wrong?

- I have tried to find somes informations in the debian archives, and I
read
  a good mail form Ethan Benson which speak about a USB backport 2.2.

  he said:

  > if you need to use USB then you must get the 2.3 USB backport.  2.2
  > USB is a widely known joke.  its worthless, iirc the config help
  > section for it says DON'T USE THIS, ITS CRAP! ;-)"
  >
  > fortunatly Alan decided to just throw in the towel and include the
2.3
  > USB backport in 2.2.18 since pretty much every distribution included

  > the patches in thier kernels anyway, its well tested and 2.2's USB
is
  > quite worthless so why not?

  Question:

  Do you thinks that there is a chance that my problem been solved with
2.2.18
  kernel ??

- I have also try to download somes differents kernels images and I
always
  have a same trouble.

  The last I have downloaded is the 2.2.15, and I have a freind with an
IMAC
  rev C (DVD), USB keryboard and mouse work perfectly on his Imac with
this
  kernel, but not in my.

  Questions:

  Does it mean that there is a differents between the USB interfaces
Imac
  Rev B and Rec C ?

  Do you think that the new usb drivers does not support my old Imac Rev
B ?

Thanks for help

-Jerome