setting X for a Cyrus logic graphic card ?
I cannot set X11 on my Powerstack Prep PPC running potato (2.2r0 kernel
2.217). Do I have to give up ?
Here the hardware :
Motherboard : Motoral PPC 604 (blackhawk)
Graphic Card : Cirrus Logic GD 5434-8 [Alpine]
Monitor : Sony's Multiscan 17se II (trinitron)
Here a small summary of the attempts :
- xviddetect gives : "The XFree86 server for Cirrus Logic GD 5434-8
[Alpine] is svga"
- Configuration with anXious puts a "svga" device in the screen section of
- while executing startx, it complains that there is no "fbdev" device in
the screen section of XF86Config.
- changing svga for fbdev doesn't help. start x will give
" open_framebuffer : failed to open /dev/fb0 (no such device)"
- in fact " cat /dev/fb0" gives also " so such device".
- building a home made kernel with selecting "framebuffer support" make no
change to the above situation.
On the other hand I found that debian.org has an "xserver-svga" package for
Intel but I haven't found any for ppc.
Am i wrong somewhere ?
I feel that, in the case of PPC, there is no support of X11 for Cirrus
Logic graphic card from any of svga or fbdev
I did not find