Re: yaboot on iMac/DV and iBook firewire

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 12:45:13PM +0200, Hadess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated yaboot to the potato-proposed-updates and I still have the same
> problems:
> yaboot console not showing up (even with the install-console keyword)

does it work blind?  or does it not work at all?

> yaboot choice not showing up on the OF OS selector (option key)

something is very very wrong here.

> yaboot *not* being the default OS after a OF reset, and simply using "boot" (on
> both machines, the Apple_Bootstrap partition is before the MacOS one, if one
> exists...)

have you FULLY reset your OpenFirmware?

> Ethan, I'm gonna update to the woody version, check it, and if necessary to the
> latest unpackaged version.

i need to see:

your complete /etc/yaboot.conf
output of ybin -V
output of `nvsetenv'  (using new powerpc-utils package)
output of mac-fdisk -l /dev/hda

if all that is correct we may be looking at a new incompatible OF...
i certianly hope not, does anyone else have one of these machines?
and if so are you having these problems?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/