Re: Tweaking Kernel Makefile

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Eric Reischer wrote:

> If I "tweak" the top-level makefile for a 2.3 kernel to force the ARCH
> variable to be PPC instead of running uname -m, would that produce a
> successful compile for a PowerPC kernel, providing I get the makefiles
> correct?  It seems too easy, and I'm probably wrong, but this seems to be
> the only variable affecting how the kernel is bu

you need to cross compile and you have a cross compiler thee following do
it :
make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu- ARCH=ppc xconfig
make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu- ARCH=ppc dep
make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu- ARCH=ppc zImage

33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59
De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins