Dual Boot Debian 2.2/MacOS on G4 with two harddisks

Please help!
I have rather trouble to get the puzzle together.  I tried to change from SuSE PPC 6.4/MacOS to Debian, so I am a Debian newbie, probably that´s my problem, don´t know.

I have a G4 with two harddisks and DVD trying to install from CDROM. The Debian installation works until the make harddisk bootable as described in the manual. At this point it gets confusing.

My fstab looks like this:

/dev/hda9       mac/HDA       hfs
/dev/hdb9       mac/HDBBoot   hfs
/dev/hdb14      mac/HDB       hfs
/dev/hdb10        swap        swap
/dev/hdb11        /           ext2
/dev/hdb12        /home       ext2
/dev/hdb13        /var        ext2

In OF the boot-device line looks like this:
boot-device   /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/mac-io@7/ata-4@1f000/@1:9,\\:tbxi hd,\\:tbxi

The devaliases for the harddiscs looks like this:
       ultra0      ?/disk@0
       ultra1     ?/disk@1

Following the instructions I loaded ybin 0,26 and yaboot 0,8 with my SuSE 6,4 from Ethan Benson´s site and left it in my /home directory during the Debian install.

After the installation of Debian with the Ram-Disk / and the /target (on my hdb11 ?) I had no possibility to un-tar with -zxvpf the archive. bacause -z is an unknown option (at this step?).
Next Problem is not available "make install" as it is recommended in the yaBoot-FAQ´s to get the proper localisations for ybin and yaboot at that step.
Also I didn´t understand what to write exactly to mkofboot to get the proper ybin-configuration.

I know these are a lot of questions, but I´m trying desparatly for a fortnight and can´t find the solution.

TIA

--
Sincerely

Georg Koss; g.koss@eunet.at