Re: Does this pthread(?) crash ring any bells?

On Tuesday, 3 Oct 2000, Nick Bailey wrote:
[snip]
> Running it inside the debugger makes it crash instantly (gdb will
> debug multi-threaded programs, right?).  I'm using the phtread
> library which came with Potato, 0.8, and gcc/g++ 2.95.2.
[snip]
> Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.

I've had that problem before, and it's not a PPC problem.  GDB doesn't
handle signals that it hasn't been explicitly told about, and it seems
that the pthreads library uses an odd one (signal number 31).

I have a quickie diff against gdb 5.0 to add support for that signal
at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~cemerson/patches/gdb5_sig31.diff
which may hopefully let you get as far as the real problem.

Cheers,

Chris
--
Chris Emerson, obsessed Cambridge juggler
E-mail: cemerson@chiark.greenend.org.uk