Re: CD-R Bootable?

Thanks for the very direct and quick reply!

I read something about this somewhere in my reading of other debian-powerpc
messages, but it was in a message from Ethan and others about the technical
reasons why it wasn't working and that the r1 CD's needed to be updated.

I didn't completely understand the discussion, but now something clicked and
it makes sense.  (I'm slowly figuring out this unfamiliar boot process that
Apples use.)

Your message fills in a gap in my understanding... they were talking about
doing the boot from the MacOS partition... yours shows how to get it to boot
from CD-ROM.

Thank you very much.  I'm on my way out to the store to pick up a couple of
AirPort cards (and a WaveLAN card for the PC laptop if I can find one
locally) and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress on those as well as
the overall installation.  I have a friend who's gotten his mixed
AirPort/WaveLAN network working nicely, and I'm having "wireless envy".  When
I called him the other day he was sitting out at his apartment complex's
swimming pool with his iBook running Linux doing a download from his DSL line
four-stories up... I decided that wireless' time has come.  MUST HAVE TOYS!
:)

/me is hopelessly addicted to being "first on the block"...

Thanks a ton, John.  Gotta hussle off to the store so I can get back here and
play some more... :)

Nate