Re: Motorola Starmax 3000/180, RTL 8139/8029, and a /big/ quandary

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Patches are attached vs. 2.2.17 and 2.4.0-test8.  If they seem good (i.e. if > nobody says they're bad :-), I'll forward them.

[...]

> -CONFIG_UNIX=y
> +CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=m
> +CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
> +CONFIG_FILTER=y
> +CONFIG_UNIX=m

I remember that back when I started with Linux on APUS, it was a common
mistake when building custom kernels to leave out UNIX sockets. Which would
lead to havoc on the next boot. Isn't that a problem anymore? (E.g. if the
module isn't available for some reason)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project