Re: getting pismo to boot by itself "smoke test"

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:35:26AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Problem with this is: users never read docs (I don't read the docs myself

those who fail to read docs should expect to get themselves into
troublesome situations. ;-)

> for most of the time). May I suggest you include the subtle hint about the
> correct (or rather convenient) order of partitions in the yaboot FAQ also,
> and add a short note on the background of this constraint to the

i thought there already was... (somebody else wrote the FAQ so i don't
remember its details as well)

> partitioning guide? From your description, I could not see a need to order
> the partitions the way you described. Telling people this is the
> recommended ordering (and why), and that any other ordering will work just
> fine except for OF parameter resets - would that be a compromise?

thats reasonable. volunteering to submit a patch <g>

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/