Re: getting pismo to boot by itself "smoke test"

> > OK, if that's the whole reason ... It did seem like the bootstrap
> > partition absolutely has to be the first, and that might scare people who
> > already partitioned their disk, leaving empty space _after_ the MacOS
> > partition.
>
> it takes strong language to the point across.
>
> again please read my partitioning docs at
> http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc

Problem with this is: users never read docs (I don't read the docs myself
for most of the time). May I suggest you include the subtle hint about the
correct (or rather convenient) order of partitions in the yaboot FAQ also,
and add a short note on the background of this constraint to the
partitioning guide? From your description, I could not see a need to order
the partitions the way you described. Telling people this is the
recommended ordering (and why), and that any other ordering will work just
fine except for OF parameter resets - would that be a compromise?

	Michael