Re: getting pismo to boot by itself "smoke test"

Gerhard Reuteler wrote:

> Hi,
> tried to follow the instructions to make pismo bootable.  I have a few
> questions:
> --- must the bootstrap partition be the first on the disk? (The first 8
> partitions seem to be Mac Interna, like drivers, ..)

If you want to use MacOS then leave the first 8 partitions (apple drivers and
pathes) as they are.
The rest of my partition table looks like this.
/dev/hda9 Apple_Bootstrap boot
/dev/hda10 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap
/dev/hda11 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root
/dev/hda12 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 home
/dev/hda13 Apple_HFS HardDisk

You don't need the first 8 partitions if you don't want to use MacOS.  At the
time I installed Debian, there were no bootable CDs so I had to have MacOS
installed.  I assume the new CD images will boot but I can't confirm that.

See Ethan Benson's HOWTO for partitioning the hard disk for Debian.

Brendan Simon.