Re: xmodmap

bounce-debian-powerpc=andre.berger=topmail.de@lists.debian.org writes:

> Hello,
>
> I wish to use xmodmap (with the help of xkeycaps) to change the layout of my
> keyboard. I've been told there are no problems with this (on the LinuxPPC
> mailing list), but I cannot make even the slightest change! This is with
> Xpmac and with XF68_FBDev...
>
> Am I doing something wrong? I use xkeycaps, change the layout, write the .xmodmap
> file, and run xmodmap .xmodmap ...
>
> Thanks,
> Patrix.

Copy your .xmodmap to /etc/X11/Xmodmap, the system wide default
(perhaps make a backup copy before, be sure your former .xmodmap
covers all keys). If you're using helix-gdm, edit
/etc/gdm/Init/Default: add a line 'xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap', then at
least restart the Xserver. You even might or (might not) have to
reboot.

-- Andre