Kernel Hanging...

Hi all,

After compiling and booting a 2.2.17 kernel from ftp.kernel.org on my prep
machine, I'm trying to do the same with the 2.4.0-test8.

After succeded in compiling, the boot hang with this message :

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0 root=/dev/sda5
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

Do somebody have an idea how I can fix this problem ?

Thannks in advance, xavier

grave@ipno.in2p3.fr
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59
De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins