Re: 3dfx Voodoo 3 and XFree on debian/powerpc

Frederic Seraphine wrote:

> I've been running Debian/powerpc on my powermac 7600/132 since nearly 6
> months and it works great. I run xfree framebuffer server over the
> motherboard control video chip and it runs a bit slowly.
>
> Since I've bought a pci voodoo 3 2000 card, and 3dfx provides driver and
> eprom for the macintosh macos.
>
> Is there a way to make it work under debian/ppc and xfree ? It seems to
> work properly under console already.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled here, since it should use xsrver-svga (which is not
> packaged for powerpc architectures). So any one could give me clue here ?

Please try XFree86 4.0.1 - look at http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/woody/ .

I'm not sure if the tdfx driver will work (use Option "UseFBDev" at least),
but the fbdev driver should be faster on the control hardware.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project