Re: Which IMAP and POP3 servers ?

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 11:45:41AM +1100, Peter Muirhead wrote:
> I have been using courier-imap 0.31-1 on potato and you are right, it is
> peachy.
>
> I have also been having reliability problems with cucipop too...

just to keep on topic i have used qpopper and it works fairly well,
though when a user downloads alot of mail at once its a CPU pig, 99%
and brings the load avg up to around 2.0.  one user has also had
problems with losing mail but im 99% sure its Eudora for Win98's
fault.  (he had two clients on two machine both set to leave mail on
server.  all the sudden one of the clients never considered mail new,
and to try and force the issue he turned off `leave on server' so
eudora happily deleted all his `old' mail...)

> How is the almighty spud running on the G4? I have a friend who I am trying
> to convince giving it a try on his mac...

i run potato on a blue G3 and it works great.  if you do convince him
have a look at my web page for some useful docs for install and
bootstrap setup.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/