Re: XFree 4 notes

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> OK, Mach64 support in those packages for PowerPC is completely busted :(
> I'm trying to work out what to do about it - it may be quite a while.
>
> Further feedback on the other drivers is still welcome, though.

Darn :-( I guess I won't get to test until that gets better.

> Dan

By the way, any idea how I can install these without removing netscape? I
assume it's something related to xpm4g, but I don't know how to fix it.

Better yet of course would be up-to-date netscape packages - I actually just
(right now) found some in woody that fix this problem, but I think we ought
to be getting these into proposed-updates too... it would be a shame to ship
another release without working apt-get install communicator.

-- nevermind, the packages in woody fixed this problem, but you may want to
mention that you need the woody netscape to keep it.

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  communicator-smotif-46 netscape-smotif-46 xcontrib xmanpages xpm4g xpm4g-dev
  xsm
  libxaw-dev libxaw6 libxaw7 perl-base xlibs xlibs-dev
The following packages have been kept back
  autofs fetchmail fetchmailconf
The following packages will be upgraded
  twm xbase-clients xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-pex
  xfonts-scalable xfree86-common xfs xlib6g xlib6g-dev xnest xprt
  xserver-common
14 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 7 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 41.1MB of archives. After unpacking 73.9MB will be used.