Re: USB Mouse with X

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 12:00:58PM +0200, Arne Scheffler wrote:
> [...]

You have to set gpm to repeat in raw mode

(-R raw on the command line, but the gpmconfig UI will allow you to set it.

Then you can easily use as follow in your XF86Config file :

Section "Pointer"
#       Protocol "PS/2"
#       Device "/dev/mouse"
        Protocol "ps/2"
        Device "/dev/gpmdata"
#	Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

To note though that on my i386 box i have a logitech USB trackball, and it
works without any gpm trick, as the usb driver is able to share the mouse
information between gpm and X.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER