Re: kernel 2.2.17 compile problems

> > Don't do that, then. I'd only use the kernel.org source as base for
> > rsync'ing the PPC source.
>
> My understanding, from the following release notes, is that
> 2.2.17 stands the chance of getting us past the separate-tree
> madness.  Could someone clarify?
>
> http://www.linux.org.uk/VERSION/relnotes.2217.html

If the problem persists after make [menu,x,]config; make dep; make I'd
suggest you send a bug report to Alan. As Ethan pointed out you forgot
make dep, that's probably all. Would have happened with any release. Why
the PPC setup code knew about IDE being configured but the drivers/block
Makefile didn't is beyond me.

	Michael