Re: New yaboot/ybin. please test.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 05:38:00PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 03:28:49AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > > The only major change from upstream is that I renamed ofboot.b to
> > > ofboot.b.sh; I don't want people confusing the two and copying the shell
> > > script to their HFS partition.  Thoughts, Ethan?
> >
> > ybin: /boot/ofboot.b: No such file or directory
> >
> > I've now made a symlink to ofboot.b.sh, hope this should work?
>
> now look what youv'e done dan ;-)
>
> the standard is already /boot/ofboot.b can we please just change it
> back to that?

I'm going to put the compatibility symlink to /etc/ofboot.b back
(probably in postinst) unless someone gives me a really good reason not
to.

Anyone who has customized their boot script would probably be upset to
have it suddenly change to the new one!  This is the problem with
completely changing the format of a conffile.

I maintain that its purpose is -not- the same as, say, first.b.
First.b is a boot block, meant to be written straight to disk.
ofboot.b is a boot script, meant to be copied straight to bootstrap.
The new magicboot is a boot -generator-.

Dan