Re: making a cd bootable for a mac

Well, I have an update on the bootable cd problem.  I'm fairly the convinced
that the problem is related to some changes in the new mac (or at least new
imac, new as in the ones released in July) hardware or openfirmware.  I
successfully booted the same cd that doesn't boot on my machine on a B&W G3
here in one of the labs.  I also tried, as per Garry Roseman's suggestions,
burning another cd on a mac making sure the system folder was "blessed" (it
didn't really matter, as the original was "blessed" anyhow) and trying the
Toast CD Reader extension, to no avail.  I really don't have the know how to
hunt down and fix the problem, however, I'd be willing to use my machine for
some testing if that helps get things fixed.  I just need someone to point
me in the right direction.

Anyhow, if anyone has anymore info on booting from a hard disk and then
installing from cd, I'd be grateful for that.

Thanks,
matt kurpiewski
<matthewk@pitt.edu>