Re: New yaboot/ybin. please test.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:40:31AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> There is a preliminary yaboot 0.7 (with ybin 0.21) package at
> <http://www.them.org/~drow/debian/> now.  Install the powerpc-utils package
> there first if you want any of the neat nvram stuff ybin can now do.
>
> The only major change from upstream is that I renamed ofboot.b to
> ofboot.b.sh; I don't want people confusing the two and copying the shell
> script to their HFS partition.  Thoughts, Ethan?

i don't like this, ofboot.b should not be treated as a shell script by
users, its interface is internal to ybin and not very easy to use by a
user.  its purpose is now exactly the same as lilo's boot.b and quik's
first.b i would prefer to keep the name consistent with those.  ybin.b
first.b whatever.  but .sh is bad.

my view is documentation is the best way deal with this, put a debconf
notice in the postinst or something.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/