Re: making a cd bootable for a mac

Are there any known issues with booting on the newest macs?  The cd
I've made here doesn't seem to work.

matt kurpiewski

--On Thursday, September 7, 2000 2:49 PM -0400 Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> wrote:r

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:51:37AM -0400, Matthew Kurpiewski wrote:
Hi,

I'm a long time Debian/intel user who decided to switch to the powerpc
platform.  Anyhow, I have a new Sage imac DV+ I'm just dying to get
debian installed to.  However, being relatively new to the mac,
constructing mac bootable cd's from the debian .iso is a bit of mystery
to me.  Do I have to burn it on a mac to make it bootable?  Are there
any other considerations I should know about when burning the cd?  Any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Like I said, I'm a bit anxious
to get debian up and running. I'm not on the list so please cc:
matthewk@pitt.edu

Nope.  It should be bootable no matter how it is burnt.

Dan