[Fwd] Re: Keyboard Layout

Ooops, sholud have gone to the list... Andre

--- Begin Message ---
Fabian Jakobs <fabian.jakobs@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with my Keyboard-Layout under X and console. I have a G4
> (AGP) with German USB-Keyboard.
> Does anyone know where to find the Pipe-Symbol (X, console) and the @ (only
> X).

> BTW how/where do I change the keyboard layout?

Don't know about USB-keyboards; try Opt-# or Opt-+ or Opt-<.

As for the key layout in X, edit /etc/X11/Xmodmap and restart the X
server. For the consoles, make a copy of
/usr/share/keymaps/mac/mac-de2-ext.kmap.gz, unzip it, edit it, rezip
it, install it. mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys is buggy, there were patching
instructions in the german computer magazine c't. I could send you the
result; contact me off-list.

--
Andre Berger <andre.berger@topmail.de> from Bonn, Germany

--- End Message ---