Re: setting up X

Taro Fukunaga wrote:

> Here is XF86Config and the error message I am getting.  The manual for
> my monitor says:
>
> Horizontal 24.8-94.0kHz
> Vertical: 50-160Hz
> Maximum Resolution: 1600x1200 (Non interlaced)

> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "My Monitor"
>         VendorName      "Unknown"
>         ModelName       "Unknown"
>
>         HorizSync   50
>         VertRefresh 50

This monitor definition only allows modes with _exactly_ 50 Hz vertical
refresh rate and 50 kHz horizontal frequency. If you change it to

         HorizSync 24.8-94
         VertRefresh 50-160

which corresponds to your monitor, you'll be able to use more than only the
default mode.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project