Re: Debian on an iBook - colourdepth

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:42:16 +0200, Olivier Abad wrote:

> However, I can't change the color depth with fbset : it says I don't
> have enough video ram (I tried 16, 24 and 32 bpp).  Specifying
> video=atyfb:800x600-32 in yaboot prompt didn't work either.

> And the X server is unuseable : the display turns all white. It only
> works (unaccelerated) with the OF frame buffer.

> Is there a solution for this ?

I am using vmlinux-2.2.17pre10-ben2
 (<URL:http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/>)
and XFree 4.0.1 from the instructions here:
 <URL:http://penguinppc.org/usr/xf4/> (- updated yesterday!)
and can now report success in 8, 15 and 24 bitdepths on a tangerine
iBook.

Apple doesn't seem to say what HorizSync and VertRefresh that are
valid for the iBook, though :-/

  Best wishes,

--
 "Floor 7 1/2                                                Adam Sjøgren
  Low overhead!"                                        asjo@koldfront.dk