Re: Java development on debian ppc

On Friday 30 June 2000, at 8 h 29,
Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org> wrote:

> > 3. Compilability.  Kaffe simply doesn't build on PowerPC Linux
> >    systems
>
> I wasn't aware of this problem (I didn't try kaffe on PowerPC). You should

kaffe's debian/control file says:

Architecture: i386 m68k powerpc sparc arm hurd-i386

so it should build out-of-the-box on a PowerPC ('apt-get --compile source
kaffe', if the ".deb" is not in the archive). If it doesn't, report it as
important bug.

(Funny, "alpha" isn't there but an Alpha ".deb" is in the archive.)

--
http://www.debian.org/~bortz/