Re: Mac-On-Linux - elf32_getehdr failed

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 02:26:35PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> > Now I'm trying to get Mac-on-Linux (MOL) to work. If you're at
> > all familiar with MOL, you know it's very Redhat-centric. So
> > rather than try to work with the RPM, I tried to compile it from
> > source, but I kept running into a "can't find curses.h" problem.
> > I also see this problem when trying to run "make menuconfig"
> > (although this problem may be related to dialog.h instead of
> > curses.h; the error message is: "dialog.h:29: curses.h: No such
> > file or directory").
> >
> > This is really more of a curiosity than a problem at this point,
> > but does anyone know what's up with the missing "curses.h"? I
> > found very little on the web about this subject.
>
> Perhaps libncurses-dev?

Installing "llibncurses5-dev" solved the missing "curses.h"
problem for both "make menuconfig" and MOL's "make" (although MOL
generated a bunch of other errors, which I'm no longer concerned
about since I've alien'd the RPM).

> A MOL package is still pretty high up on my todo list for woody, once
> potato goes out the door.

Yea!

I really appreciate what you developers and package maintainers
do. I think you're doing a great thing! Thanks!