Re: PowerBook (FW) - hints and tips

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Howarth RPMs are at ftp://devel.linuxppc.org/users/howarth. The complete
> support for the Pismo (including palette fixes) was added only last week,
> I don't know if your RPMs already have it. What could probably be done to
> make sure the "alienated" RPM won't try to play with redhat specific
> stuffs is to get the source RPM and recompile it.

$ alien *rpm
$ dpkg --install *deb
$ dpkg --configure --pending

didn't work. It does a lot but eventually, I'm missing the XFree86 in
/usr/X11R6/bin. But I guess the fault is on my side.

Is recompiling XFree86 4 really that straightforward? The only things I
ever compiled needed only make/make install.

Thanks
	Olaf