Re: yaboot boot variables

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 02:47:57PM -0600, telkis@americanisp.com wrote:

> Thanks! That worked perfectly. Now the Mac OS can leave my laptop for
> good. The cdrom install does have an installation flaw. The base

be sure to blow away all those lame driver partitions!  it makes
things look soo much better ;-)

> installed fine but when it came to run dselect 'apt' the system didn't
> see the cdrom. I had to manually run MAKEDEV hdc. After that everything
> installed fine.

yeah i think that is a known problem, for some odd reason alot of
powermacs seem to skip right over hdb, hdc.. and go from hda -> hde.
doesn't make sense to me, there is still only a primary and secondary
IDE bus on apple hardware, and IDE is IDE, it can only have a master
and a slave... (hda -> hdd should be it)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/