Re: [Fwd: trackpad-g3 powerbook]

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:38:03PM +0200, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> first
> take a look at /etc/inittab, to see your default runlevel.
> usually with debian, runlevel is 2
> # The default runlevel.
> id:2:initdefault:

standard debian.

> second
> as root create the following script on /etc/init.d/trackpad_no_tap
>
> #! /bin/sh
> /the/full/path/to/your/trackpad_tool notap

yup that is ok.

> third
> as root chmod 755 the script

yup

> fourth
> as root
> ln -s /etc/rc2.d/trackpad_no_tap /etc/rcN.d/trackpad_no_tap
> where N is your default runlevel

nah, better way is this:

update-rc.d -f trackpad_no_tap 80 S .

this adds a symlink /etc/rcS.d/S80trackpad_no_tap

/etc/rcS.d is only run ONCE at boottime, which is fine since the
trackpad settings should be persistent accross runlevel changes.

also i believe init will ignore symlinks not starting with SNN.

init starts the scripts with the start and stop arguments, but since
your script is only started and not killed (no need) you need not
worry about handing these arugments (they are quietly ignored).

> when is done, each time you will boot your powerbook, the track-pad
> tapping will be disabled

yup.

> I do this way, cause it allows me to centralize all my stuff in init.d
> after that playing with links I can play as I want
> any advice is welcome

man update-rc.d

--
Ethan Benson