Re: [Fwd: trackpad-g3 powerbook]

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Josh wrote:

> > On Debian, I
> > believe you should look in /etc/rcS.d.
>
> I can't figure out which file in /etc/rcS.d to put 'trackpad notap' in.
>
> But the trackpad_tool program works fine, thanks for the help.

Hi not sure is the best solution but it works fine for me (potato on
pismo)

first
take a look at /etc/inittab, to see your default runlevel.
usually with debian, runlevel is 2
# The default runlevel.
id:2:initdefault:

second
as root create the following script on /etc/init.d/trackpad_no_tap

#! /bin/sh
/the/full/path/to/your/trackpad_tool notap

third
as root chmod 755 the script

fourth
as root
ln -s /etc/rc2.d/trackpad_no_tap /etc/rcN.d/trackpad_no_tap
where N is your default runlevel

when is done, each time you will boot your powerbook, the track-pad
tapping will be disabled

	Eric

PS
I do this way, cause it allows me to centralize all my stuff in init.d
after that playing with links I can play as I want
any advice is welcome

--
Pentiun /// ... (was Re: pentium III)
... le processeur adidas pour les internautes en pantoufles!-)