modify a kernel

Hi,

I have already talk about this problem but I didn't succed to solve it so
I try a new message.

I want to boot a diskless PreP board with a 2.3.99-pre6 kernel
(Motorolla MVME 2301). The board boot fine with kernel 2.2.13. The only thing
it need it's to handle correctly the boot arguments.
The problem is that kmalloc is called before kmem_cache_sizes_init is
called.

The problem is too big for my kernel knowledge (which is very near zero),
so I'm open to any solution anybody can send me.

If somebody know a place where I can learn some kernel technics, I will
try to modifying it by myself.

xavier

grave@ipno.in2p3.fr
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59