Re: how to report installed packages by size?

A couple of parts to my answer...

1) apt-cache show <pkgname> has this info, capt will show it in a more concise
manner (capt is only in unstable at the moment, though it works fine in frozen
too).

2) are you aware that ppc binaries are available from ftp.mozilla.org, and
weeklies (or so) from http://southpole.penguinpowered.com/)? They are built on
debian by yours truly... if you just need a more recent one, I'll upload a new
one to southpole tonight.

3) if you're the kind of person who just likes to build from source (hey, I
am) are you intending to build a fully debug-symboled mozilla (which takes ~1
gig btw). if not, use --disable-debug (and probably --enable-optimize if you
want it to be fast) and the size requirements should be ~350 megs instead.