Re: Xpmac.rev10

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Todd M. Shrider wrote:

> When I boot with novideo in my yaboot.conf then x can't find the right
> video mode in xf86config. Is this because of the option, or is it more
> likely that my XF86Config is crippled?

While using the offb driver, no mode-switching is available, so the mode
in your XF86Config must exactly match the mode that the framebuffer is
already using. Type "fbset -x" to output your current framebuffer settings
in the format used by XFree86 3.x. Some translation may be required for
XFree 4.0.

Of course, XFree won't be accelerated at all using offb, so it's not a
good long-term solution.