Re: FBDev crashes

Andre Berger wrote:

> I'm experiencing xserver-fbdev crashes of two types:
>
> 1. Fatal server error: fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (Function
> not implemented)
>
> 2. Caught Signal 11
>
> The problems seem to be screensaver-related. After about 10 minutes of
> inactivity the server dies.

Energy Star features (put screen on standby, suspend, etc.) are not
compatible with No Video Driver Checked -- If you try it, you will get
the error you listed in #1.

Try unchecking "No Video Driver" or disabling DPMS (energy saving) using
'xset -dpms'.

--
Andrew B. Arthur               |  Linux for iMac, iBook and PowerMacs:
arthur99@global2000.net        |  http://imaclinux.net