Re: Problem with Dselect

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> So I hate to say this, but you should erase the .deb files from
> /var/cache/apt/archives (or attempt to put them back into the
> dists/potato/main... filestructure if you removed them from their former
> location), then put the file: URL in /etc/apt/sources.list, then run dselect and
> tell it to use apt to get the files, and use the update, select, and install
> steps in dselect to complete your installation.

I don't think it doesn't harm and you really have to delete them from
/var/cache/apt/archives.

When I upgrade my sister's notebook (every few months :-), I start by copying
all packages in /var/cache/apt/archives on my box to her box. After that it
saves on download time because `apt-get upgrade' doesn't have to download
things that are already in /var/cache/apt/archives.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org