Re: 7200 installation - floppy

>I don't think that it requires any more instructions than already exist.  Get
>bootX from BenH at http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh and the ramdisk off of the
>ppc install page on the debian site.  You will also need the other files
listed
>(basefile, etc).  Install bootX, select the kernel and the ramdisk, and tell
it
>to boot linux.

>HTH
>--Nelson Abramson

You mean load a MacOS, boot MacOS, have a MacApp steal the built-in video
driver support, and a few other OpenFirmware deficient bits of
information, then bounce boot into linux?

Been there, Done that
-with a few LinuxPPC variants.

I was hoping to work on a basic set of true boot-floppies....
Take one oldworld mac, a stack of "Debian" installation floppies
and irrespective of what's on the HD, stick the first disk in and
boot/install.

Similar to "slink" installation floppies for the ix86, or gasp even
MacSystem7.61

------Layne