debian PPC on 8100 ?

I have a 8100 I want to use as an ip masq server (which would also run
sendmail and a couple other servers). I am assuming every server has
been compiled for PPC, is that assumption correct ? I'm also assuming
that the kernel has support for ip masquerade (you just have to tell it
to compile it for a ppc). The only thing that I'm not sure about is if
debian ppc will even boot on a 8100 (I didn't see it on debian's site).
Anyone could tell me if I it will work (I also have a quadra 840 and 950
that could be used for this instead of the ppc should it be required).

Thanks a lot for the help.

--
David Poisson
   david@fish.ecks.org