Re: Bug #60469: reported problem on PowerPC with PostgreSQL

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 06:19:59PM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Georg Bauer <gb@hugo.westfalen.de> reported the following bug, which I
> cannot reproduce on Intel architecture:
[snip]

> Has any other PowerPC user experienced this, please?
 I guess it's all caused by the optimisation turned on in Debian packages
(it's the same problem i reported lately in a private mail).
 AFAIR this problem is caused by too good optimisation in GCC on PowerPC (at
least i think that one of PgSQL developers said something like that). Please
just take care that in each source package release PoerPC uses -O0 instead of
-O2 and all will be fine (6.5.3-14 source debs are ok, i've recompiled them
yesterday and had no problem so far)

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source