Re: yaboot on sawtooth G4

> if you get a boot: prompt you can enter the command:
>
> hd:<linuxroot>,/boot/vmlinux-2.2.14

Thank you, I hadn't realized that I was returning to a
yaboot prompt after the -2 error code.  I wasn't watching
closely enough, and thought it was an OF prompt.  I'll
give this a whirl.

Is there syntax for pointing to an installation image too?

> >      boot hd:9,\\:tbxi
>
> ah ha, this won't work unless A) the file acutally has file
> type tbxi AND B) the root directory is blessed, AND C)
> the file is a CHRP script.

This must be the case, then, because it worked for me.  I
don't think I was very clear in this paragarph.  You see,
I'm trying to yaboot a kernel that's on an HFS partition
(never did the linux installation, only the partitioning)
and used the above to test to see if slice 9 was the right
slice to find yaboot_0.5 on.

I would love it if you could send me a binary that I could try.
I did find a friend last night with a ppc machine that I
used to try to build my own, but I'm getting the same failure
to find yaboot_0.5 -- on an HFS partition, recall.

I used Lynx to download the binary from Ben's page, so
I'm confident that it wasn't the browser mangling the file
in any way.