initial xserver set up and Xclaim VR card - TV tuner

I managed to get an install into my PowerMac 6500/300. I thought I was
installing potato, but somehow dselect managed to upgrade it woody. I
have no problem with that, I just don't remember asking it to or have
any idea how I did it.

I really can't tell if things are working or not because I haven't got
X going. I installed xserver-common, xdm, and a lot of X stuff. I am
booting through BootX. If I check the no video drivers box it tries to
start xdm a couple of times and goes back into text mode. I don't
check the box it starts xdm and goes off to never-never land. I can
see the screen is requesting a login but can't quite tell where. I
have a 640x480 monitor that came with a Centris 660av and Info
3-button mouse.

--
Josh Kuperman                       josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us
Saratoga Springs Public Library     phone (518) 584-7860 x 211