Re: 3.9.18 PPC X server

Giorgio Signori wrote:

> Ciao Michel Dänzer, il 23-Feb-00 mi scrivi:
> MD>
> MD>
> MD> This fixes quite some bugs, give it a try if you've been deceived by
> MD> 3.9.17f, especially as the tarballs are smaller now :)
>
> Great work!

Thanks, nice to hear that it works better. (Although I'm not surprised it does
;)

> This version is quite stable, Gnome works perfectly, and so Afterstep. Also,
> Myth2 doesn't hang anymore when the mouse reaches the edges of the window.
> Also GIMP until now hasn't crashed a single time.

Guess it was all the same bug. And what a bugger it was!

In the end it was only one line missing in the accel code. But I had to build
a static server and do a lot of remote gdb debugging to figure it out :-p

> The only that seems not to work is the gl driver... if i uncomment the gl
> support (I estracted the tar to the root directory), X won't start. But
> it's not a problem for me now :-)

Still haven't come around to testing/debugging that - can you send me a log
privately?

I have to point out again that you probably wouldn't like it even if it
worked. Stick to Mesa as long as there is no DRI for Permedia2.

Michel

--
So many Christians, so few lions.
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net