Re: [PowerMac] pdisk for Debian?
- To: Tom Rini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Stephane Bortzmeyer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PowerMac] pdisk for Debian?
- From: Ethan Benson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:08:33 -0900
- Message-id: <20000222140833.A4556@plato.localdomain.local>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 03:58:53AM -0700
- References: <20000221193903.C8604@plato.localdomain.local> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 03:58:53AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> > what would be really nice is if someone would make some improvments on
> > this utility, its quite buggy and lacks some useful aspects such as
> > being able to change an existing partition's type... (don't ask im not
> > a programmer ;-))
> What for? Personally, I think it would be more useful to combine
> traditional fdisk, amiga-fdisk and pdisk into one program
now that is an even better idea, i don't care for mac-fdisk's command
syntax anyway.. it would be nice to just learn the single traditional
fdisk (which i already know) and be able to use it on all archs!
> (The HFS
> specifics could be grabbed from perldisk. iirc brian went and rewrote
> parts that he needed to).
huh? HFS has nothing at all to do with partition tables, its just a
filesystem like DOS, ext2, whatever. that part belongs to the mkfs.*