Re: [PowerMac] pdisk for Debian?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 03:58:53AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> > what would be really nice is if someone would make some improvments on
> > this utility, its quite buggy and lacks some useful aspects such as
> > being able to change an existing partition's type...  (don't ask im not
> > a programmer ;-))
>
> What for?  Personally, I think it would be more useful to combine
> traditional fdisk, amiga-fdisk and pdisk into one program

now that is an even better idea, i don't care for mac-fdisk's command
syntax anyway.. it would be nice to just learn the single traditional
fdisk (which i already know) and be able to use it on all archs!

> (The HFS
> specifics could be grabbed from perldisk.  iirc brian went and rewrote
> parts that he needed to).

huh? HFS has nothing at all to do with partition tables, its just a
filesystem like DOS, ext2, whatever.  that part belongs to the mkfs.*
utilities.

--
Ethan Benson