Need Help installing on PowerMac downloading to PC

At home I have a PowerMac 6500/300 with a CD, Modem and zip drive. At
work I have a PC with a partial T1 connection, CD-RW and a zip
drive. Because Potato looks to be the first official PowerMac
supported release I can't really buy a CD until one is available. I
was able to download most of the base for an install to my pc, copy
the files to my Mac - because it wouldn't recognize the zip drive in
the install, and do an install. It looks like there are good
directions for creating a bootable CD with customized selection of
packages for all the official releases, but potato isn't official yet.

I did make one stab at an install with stuff copied to the zip, but I
believe I copied things I don't need and failed to copy things I do
need. I also have errors being reported when I mount hda6 - my root
partition so I need to reformat anyhow.

Can I create a bootable CD on my PC with the Installation and Packages
I want for my Mac?  Can I come close enough with the 100MB zip drive?  What
do I need to set up my internal modem?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us