Re: More on Powerbook G3 install

Well, after a long night of lather, rinse, reboot, I tracked down the
"missing disks" problem to BootX 1.1.3.  Presumably it's incompatible with
MacOS 9?  Anyway, with music playing I couldn't hear that the disk was
spinning down just before booting the kernel and never spinning back up
again.  I got BootX 1.2b3 and it spun the disk back up during boot and that
much worked fine.

It didn't fix the "architecture not supported" problem w/ the debian boot
image though.  So how much harder or easier is it to "bootstrap" the
install with linuxppc and then convert to debian?

J.