Re: enlightenment_0.16.3-6.deb for ppc
- To: Geert Uytterhoeven <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Robert Ramiega <email@example.com>, Sergio Brandano <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Adam C Powell IV <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: enlightenment_0.16.3-6.deb for ppc
- From: Sven LUTHER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:39:48 +0100
- Message-id: <20000128143948.A28547@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Geert Uytterhoeven <email@example.com>, Robert Ramiega <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sergio Brandano <email@example.com>, Adam C Powell IV <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, recipient list not shown: ;
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:58:28PM +0100
- References: <20000128122301.H9682@yoda.plukwa.net> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:58:28PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Robert Ramiega wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 09:19:22AM +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:
> > > I think we should get back to what ``frozen'' means at this point.
> > Please try to think about frozen not in relation of binary tree but in
> > relation of source tree. I did not check this but i'm sure that if you look
> > in the source tree of frozen you'll see correct version of enlightenment.
> > All You have to do is to wait till autobuilder will make powerpc.deb if You
> > don't want to wait please build it for yourself.
> > As of now all of us know, that there is inconsistency and noone wants/has
> > time to build/upload that particular package.
> Apart from that, the Debian archive scripts shouldn't allow to delete an old
> binary-all package when some binary-* package still needs it.
but it is not possible right now to have multiple version of the same package
uploaded. That means we will need to upload the binaries all the same time to
have correct binary-all packages.
This has to be fixed, so lets wait until after the potato release, and check
that this has then indeed been fixed with the package pool proposal.
No need to make a mess of it now, since the primary goal is to release potato.